Information and Support Helpline
We believe that it helps to talk – especially when it comes to concerns about cancer. We are the only local cancer charity to provide a free helpline for patients, their family members or friends, as well as members of the public – in fact anyone who may have concerns, questions or issues about any aspect of cancer.
We’re here to help you when you need:
- Information about your type of cancer
- Help to understand, or make sense of, information you have been given about your specific cancer
- Help to talk to your children about your cancer
- Support when your partner, mum, dad or close family member has cancer
- Information about what services can offer support
- Information about practical issues, such as who will take care of you or how to deal with financial concerns
- Advice for concerns about health changes or symptoms in yourself or a family member
- General information about cancer and how to reduce your risk of developing it
- Guidance to stop smoking
When you phone us your call will be answered by a nurse who has specific expertise in helping people with concerns about cancer. We will provide information and support, to best meet your needs, in a friendly and easily understood way.
Our free helpline number is 0800 783 3339
Calls are taken Monday – Friday between 9.00am and 1.00pm.
Alternatively you can email our nurses directly at firstname.lastname@example.org