Who can volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer with us. Our work is currently supported by 350 volunteers from all walks and stages of life. Their contribution is highly valued – they bring knowledge, skills and experience – and their dedication and commitment to our work is essential to our success. You can download our Volunteering leaflet here.
Our volunteers include students and those currently between jobs who want to increase their skills base, retired people who have a wealth of life skills to offer and everyone in between.
You don’t need specific skills or qualifications – the most important requirements are enthusiasm, a desire to support our work and some free time. We can never have too many volunteers!
If you choose to volunteer with us you will be joining a dedicated team of people making a difference to the lives of countless people in Northern Ireland.
How much time do I need to offer?
This is up to you and depends on what you would like to do. Many of our roles are flexible and you will always get the opportunity to discuss how much you want to be involved before you start.
How can I help?
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
- Volunteer Driver - Transporting patients from their home address to hospital appointments. .
- Bucket Collector – Cancer Focus NI is the charity partner for Victoria Square, Belfast in 2014 and we need lots of help with collections and events in the shopping centre throughout the year.
- Retail Assistant – Do you like meeting new people or want to gain key work skills? We need volunteers in our 11 charity shops to help us raise vital funds to support our work.
- Cancer Focus Champion - help us inform your local community about our work and support services. Distribute leaflets, attend information and health events in your area.
- Family Support Volunteer – Our Family Support Service helps children and family members cope when a parent or close relative is diagnosed with cancer. You can help us organise games and activities or provide more specialist support for bereaved children and young people.
- Beauty Therapist - if you are qualified to NVQ level 2 in Beauty Therapy we need new volunteers to join our Beauty for Life team in the Belfast and Mid Ulster areas.
- Community Health Promotion - if you are qualified in health promotion and want to gain some practical experience help us take our cancer prevention messages into the local community.
- Christmas Wrapping Service - help with out wrapping service in Victoria Square from Wednesday 12th November until Christmas Eve.
If you’re aged between 16 and 25 why not become a Millennium Volunteer- Learn new skills, gain experience to add to your CV and receive nationally recognised awards backed by the Department of Education.
Want to get involved but not sure how? - just subscribe to our fortnightly email and keep updated . Take part in activities when it fits for you.
To subscribe to our update, or for more information, just give Morag or Julie a call on 028 9066 3281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can print off our Volunteer Application Form, complete it and send it in.