Here are some simple tips that can help you lower your risk of cancer:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables every day. These can be fresh, frozen, canned, cooked or raw. A good tip is to always ensure that your plate consists of at least two thirds plant-based foods
- Eat more fibre – switch to brown bread, wholemeal pasta and brown rice rather than white
- Aim for under 6g of salt per day as high salt intake is linked to stomach cancer
- Eat less red meat like mince and less processed meat such as sausages, bacon and salami
- Cut back on foods high in fat and sugar
- If you drink alcohol reduce your intake, or try to stop
- Aim for 30 minutes of vigorous activity (football, running, cycling) or 60 minutes of moderate activity (brisk walking, gardening, golf) every day. You can break it down into smaller chunks such as two 15 minute sessions.
We offer a range of cancer prevention services for schools, community groups and workplaces. To find out more download our Keeping Well services leaflet or contact the team on 028 9066 3281 or email@example.com.